Our family programs give people with sight loss and their families an opportunity to enjoy the splendour of Muskoka on beautiful Lake Joseph in a safe and inclusive environment. Activities are available for all ages and there are also events just for adults, youth and kids.
Family Weeks 1&2
Enjoy the beauty of Muskoka together! Go for a dip in the lake, take a tandem bike out for a spin, go fishing, cruise the lake, or relax by the campfire. There's something for everyone! We offer daily kids-camp for children and youth, optional off-site excursions, and adult-only evenings with separate activities for the kids. Family weeks combine the freedom of a cottage or resort with classic summer camp activities for the whole family to enjoy!
- Week 1: Sunday, July 19 - July 25, 2020
- Week 2: Sunday, August 2 - August 8, 2020
New! Family Week 3
New this year, Family Week 3 will be devoted to families with children who are blind or partially sighted. In addition to the classic camp activities offered during other family weeks, this program will include workshops for parents. Go for a dip in the lake, take a tandem bike for a spin, go fishing, cruise the lake or relax by the campfire. There's something for everyone!
- Week 3: Friday, August 23 - Thursday, August 29, 2020
New! Family Fishing Weekend
In this program, you and your child will be partnered with an angler to explore fishing opportunities in Muskoka! You will learn different techniques and strategies on the hunt for the big one while participating in fun challenges throughout the day. Fish on!
Note: Limited spaces available. The types of fishing boats will vary.
- Family Fishing Weekend Oct 2 - Oct 4, 2020
What you need to know
- All one-week packages at Lake Joe include meals, shared accommodations, on-site programming (canoeing, kayaking, waterskiing and sailing), land and water activities, and evening programs.
- Unique to Lake Joe, the Lake Joe Wellness Centre staff can help guests who require assistance with medications. The Centre also caters to many dietary requirements and specifications.
- CNIB's Lake Joseph Centre, local CNIB offices across Ontario and the Lions of Ontario work together to provide financial assistance to Ontario residents who would like to visit Lake Joe.
Experience what Lake Joe has to offer!
CNIB Lake Joseph Centre
4 Joe Finley Way, MacTier, ON. P0C 1H0
Toll Free: 1-877-748-4028