CNIB Muskoka: Dock-to-Dock: Party with a Purpose made history as Canada’s first and largest socially distanced, synchronized dock-to-dock party from coast to coast. We raised $195,000 (net) and had over 350 participants, including “Dock Hosts” guests, donors, and volunteers.
Our phenomenal CNIB Muskoka fundraising committee chair Nancy Simonot, and her fantastic team of volunteers, worked alongside CNIB to reimagine this annual FUNdraising event. Registered 'dock' teams received a box with goodies and supplies to host their party and help raise funds for CNIB Lake Joe “Wish List” items and bursaries to send more kids and kids-at-heart to camp.
Joan Kelley Walker, humanitarian, philanthropist, and CNIB Champion, was the event emcee for the third consecutive year and generously matched all event donations to a maximum of $50,000!
Event highlights included:
- The CNIB Lake Joe team hosted a virtual program component where campers from across Canada joined the fun! They made dessert pizzas in our pizza oven, shared tips for making pizzas at home, learned about beer tasting and pairing from Muskoka Brewery, and even walked away with prizes!
- Camper Alicia Chenier shared a moving testimonial about how CNIB Lake Joe has shaped her life, built her confidence, independence and impacted her future path.
- The CNIB Lake Joe dock team "CNIBLakeJoe@Home” (staff, campers, friends and family, supporters), raised $5,707 to purchase a new Zodiac rescue boat to keep campers safe on the water.
- The CNIB Lake Joe Advisory Board team raised a whopping $3,627.
- The CNIB philanthropy team also jumped on board, blowing their goal of $2,800 out of the water in support of sending a youth camper to CNIB Lake Joe.
- Six big-ticket items from the CNIB Lake Joe Wish List were funded through this event, including a new Zodiac rescue boat, beep baseball set, an accessible climbing tower, replacement sail for the Hobie catamaran, inflatable water elements, and a frisbee golf set.
It takes many people to make an event like this a success. We want to thank everyone involved – from dock hosts to sponsors to our volunteers – for making the Dock to Dock Party one to remember!
With special thanks to
- CNIB Lake Joe campers and staff members Emilee Schevers and Emma Van Dyk were featured in local media to promote CNIB Lake Joe and the Dock to Dock event.
- The dedicated volunteers and campers who recorded and shared their personal stories shared on 104.1 The Dock!
- Our incredible CNIB Muskoka event committee: Nancy Simonot (chair), Tracey Burton, Tom Cross, Marie Hewitt, Helen Hunt, Michaela Hutchison.
- Our Lake Joe Vision Team: Tim Hogarth (co-chair), John Firstbrook (co-chair), Susan Creasy, Randall Oliphant, Nancy Simonot, Joan Kelley Walker.
- Our generous 2020 event sponsors! NKS Health, Pioneer & The Hogarth Family, Mantella Corporation, Accessible Media Inc. (AMI), Ellis Packaging Limited, Susan Creasy Financial Inc., Sofina Foods, Budget Propane Corporation, Front Door PR, 104.1 The Dock, Cayman Marshall International Realty Inc., Gordon Bay Marine, Zirkova Vodka, Chetty’s Inc., Stephen’s Butcher Shop, Canadian Tire, Royal Canadian Candles and Nature’s Unity, Foodland Port Carling, Mubsies Granola, Restore Pharmaceuticals, Tom Cross Muskoka Real Estate, Crestwood Inn, Yummies in a Jar, Muskoka Honey Bee, Copperpot Nuts, Muskoka Lakes Farm & Winery, and Regenurex.