Share your feedback!
Under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) there are a number of committees that are tasked with reviewing or developing new accessibility standards.
The Health Care Standards Development Committee has released their drafted recommendations that would inform the government’s work on proposed accessibility standards in the healthcare sector. The report can be viewed on the Government of Ontario's website.
We’re asking community members to respond to the recommendations to ensure the proposed standards include the voices of people who are blind or partially sighted.
How to participate:
1. By joining CNIB for a virtual consultation on (please pick one):
- Monday, June 14, 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET. (english). Register for the Monday session using this Zoom registration link.
- Wednesday, June 16, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. ET. (english). Register for the Wednesday session using this Zoom registration link.
- Thursday, June 17, 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET. (french). Register for the Thursday session using this Zoom registration link.
- Saturday, June 19, 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET. (english). Register for the Saturday session using this Zoom registration link.
Your comments will help inform CNIB's official recommendations to the Health Care Standards Development Committee. If you prefer to submit your feedback in writing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to schedule a 1:1 instead, you can do so by submitting a request to email@example.com.
The deadline to provide comments to the Ontario government is August 11, 2021.
The Health Care Standards Development Committee will review all feedback before it submits its final recommendations to the Minister for Seniors and Accessibility for consideration.