To strengthen our voices and support the professional development of our Ontario advocates, ambassadors and CNIB staff, we’ve launched Educate to Advocate – an advocacy program designed to drive achievement and equality through education.
Learn how to advocate from the experts!
These monthly teleconferences feature in-depth discussions on various topics with subject matter experts.
To date, we've learned about advocacy campaigns in Canada and around the world, employment advocacy, education advocacy, Ontario Human Rights, and effective public speaking.
Space is limited for the program. If you would like to participate, please email Ray.Smith@cnib.ca.
Working together, we can advocate for a more accessible Ontario!
Read more articles from the September 2019 issue of Equalize:
- Call for National Elections Advocates/ Elections Accessibility
- Bill C-81 Royal Assent
- Tips for Accessible Airline Travel
- Know Your Rights
- CNIB Foundation releases The ABCs of iOS manual
- Tales of a Guide Dog Handler
- Deafblind Community Services etiquette session at the London Community Hub
- Ambassador spotlight: Guy Carriere meets his hero
- Have your say on making information accessible in Ontario
- Become a Guide Dog Champion!