Building a bolder, brighter future
Welcome to On Target, our quarterly e-newsletter committed to keeping you informed about the progress we're making towards achieving the three strategic ambitions outlined in our strategic plan, “Bold Dreams, Bright Futures”.
In this issue, we connect with a Come to Work talent pool member who attended CNIB's Connecting the Dots conference in Toronto and we touch base with two children who participated in the CNIB Braille Creative Writing Contest. We hear from a couple of participants who've received smartphones through the Phone it Forward program, learn more about the Accessible Neighbourhood Project in Montreal and check out the CNIB Sudbury Community Hub grand opening. We also explore how Key2Access uses wireless technology to improve accessibility at signalized pedestrian crossings in Stratford and Sudbury. Plus, we profile two incredible partners who are helping us change what it is to be blind today.
-CNIB Foundation Ontario & Quebec
- Ambition #1: Boosting participation in the world of work
- Ambition #2: Unleashing the power of technology
- Ambition #3: Driving achievement and equality
Read articles from the January 2020 issue of On Target:
- My 'Connecting the Dots' experience
- Braille Creative Writing Contest Winners
- Receiving a smartphone through the CNIB Foundation's Phone It Forward program – Meet Crystal
- Phoning it Forward with WestGroupe
- CNIB Foundation opens Sudbury Community Hub
- CNIB Foundation launches Accessible Neighbourhood project in Montréal
- Making pedestrian crossings safer with Key2Access
- Your Impact: CNIB Foundation receives $700,000 gift from Scotiabank
- Your Impact: CNIB Foundation receives $10,000 gift from Telus
Making the Future Bright
On Target is published quarterly. Missed an issue? Catch up here!