SCORE (Skills, Confidence & Opportunities through Recreation & Education)
Calling all youth in Canada! Sign up for the experience of a lifetime with the CNIB National SCORE program!
CNIB's National SCORE program is a summer experience that combines the joys of camp with excursions and activities geared to helping youth (ages 15-20) learn and develop skills to pursue post-secondary education.
Put down the textbooks and join CNIB for an all-expenses-paid opportunity!
Discover and explore your potential through educational and empowering activities while connecting with like-minded peers.
CNIB National SCORE program
Check back soon for summer 2021 dates!
Week 1: You'll travel to Toronto and take part in unique programs that will help develop pre-employment, leadership, independence, and social skills. We'll explore the city – visiting restaurants and local attractions.
Week 2: Enjoy a blend of recreation and skills development in a safe, inclusive environment on the shores of CNIB Lake Joe. You'll participate in a leadership development program (and receive a certificate upon completion) and take part in fun activities like swimming, rock-wall climbing, tandem biking and water tubing.
To be considered for the CNIB National SCORE program, applicants must:
- Be a Canadian student (or recent graduate) between the ages of 15 and 20;
- Have strong orientation & mobility skills and independent living skills;
- Be interested in experiential learning activities and developing leadership skills;
- Be determined to work on personal independence and problem-solving skills;
- Have a demonstrated interest in putting personal strengths to use for the betterment of peers, family and community;
- And, be committed to participating in program activities.
To participate, complete the CNIB National SCORE program application form, and answer questions about yourself, your interests and goals. You’ll also need to submit your resume and letter of recommendation from an endorser – someone who knows you well, like a CNIB staff member, teacher, workplace/volunteer supervisor or youth group leader.
SCORE 2021 application process will open in winter 2021. Please check back then!
For more information, please contact
Program Lead for Beyond the Classroom and SCORE
Learn new skills, make new friends, build your independence, explore a new environment and take part in fun outdoor activities! What are you waiting for?!