The Venture Zone Game is a free, new app that provides Canadians with an accessible, fun and risk-free way to gain entrepreneurial experience. It was created especially for aspiring entrepreneurs who have sight loss, but can be enjoyed by anyone, including sighted Canadians.
The game allows players to create and name their own company, select products to sell based on three price points, and raise virtual cash with seed funding, a bank loan or friends and family.
The game allows players to:
- brand and market their product
- produce their product by outsourcing or setting up their own factory
- choose between an e-commerce or brick-and-mortar platform to sell their product
- hire and train staff, or fire them if they’re not working out
- analyze their sales and other data
A tutorial setting is available for beginner players, where a narrator guides players through the game and informs them about the world of business.
Players can track their progress through a data screen which shows how much cash and inventory is available. The goal is to make as much money as possible and build a strong brand. High scores can be shared with friends on Game Center’s leader board.
The Venture Zone Game is available to download for free on the Apple App Store, exclusively in Canada. It is currently available in English and will be available in French when version 2.0 is released in 2020.