Roles and Opportunities
You have your own reasons for volunteering, so we want to match you with the right opportunity. You can browse our featured volunteer opportunities to get you thinking about the kinds of roles we need to fill at the moment, but if you have a unique skill or idea, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out an interest form today.
Can't commit a lot of time? No problem!
Although we have lots of ongoing volunteering roles that are best for people looking to make a substantial commitment of their time and talents, almost anyone can be a CNIB Foundation volunteer even if they aren't able to commit a lot of time.
We also offer occasional volunteering opportunities – like event roles, for example – that might be just right for you if you have a busy or unpredictable schedule.
Commonly needed roles
Volunteering roles vary from region to region, but here are a few examples of the opportunities we need to fill on a regular basis:
- Vision Mates who provide friendship, support and assistance in the home to people with sight loss
- Group leaders who facilitate emotional support groups, or fun, hobby-based groups like yoga, knitting and sports groups
- Advocates and ambassadors who increase public awareness about the CNIB Foundation and issues facing people with sight loss
- Fundraisers and events workers who organize fun events and campaigns while helping to generate much-needed funding for our work
- Administrative supporters who fill the vital role of answering phones; greeting visitors and participants; and helping to create and manage documents
- Board and committee members who provide high-level guidance, leadership and expertise to our organization, which is crucial to keeping the CNIB Foundation going strong
Have more questions? Check out our frequently asked questions page.