The 2021 Connecting the Dots conference is held October 22 & 23. Volunteers must commit to a minimum of one shift (3+ hours).
Volunteers will participate virtually via Zoom.
To provide day-of-event virtual support to participants during the Connecting the Dots conference (October 22 & 23).
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Welcome and introduce session speakers, presenters and panelist at Connecting the Dots Conference.
- Support speakers conducting Q&A session.
- Session time keeper
- Promote constructive feedback, back individual ideas for purposes of getting better clarity and/or to validate the speaker’s intention.
- Being able to summarize and communicate key themes and trends that the group has proposed, support the presenter to effectively create closure.
- Making a difference as part of a dedicated and passionate staff/volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
- Appreciation from clients/participants.
- Developing and using existing experience and skills in interpersonal skills and time management.
- Respectful, astute, and accommodating to session participants.
- Confirmation of hours upon request.
- Effective communication skills.
- Energetic personality.
- Remains patient and impartial during the conference session.
- Training specific to the event and platform.
- Minimum 14 years old.
If you are interested in this position, you can apply to join our team today by using our online application form.